Thursday, September 20, 2007

Week Four, (much delayed)

Working class dog

The only north facing window, as per my wife.


Here's a new step onto the front porch, built only after my third near-death experience with the former dry-stone step.

Our new (old) wood-burning stove. This came to us all the way from Oregon and California before that. In California it was reputed to warm the derrieres of prostitutes in a small brothel.


The cabin as the sun sets.


The cedar shakes, all in place.


Putting up the cedar shakes.

The view from the loft.

Windows up and the framing on the south gable end begun.


Here are the three windows in, kind of ramshackle, but I think it adds to the cabin's character.
The two west windows.

Beginning to put in the windows- a little nerve-wracking to cut a hole in the wall you went to all that trouble trying to make solid.

The following pictures are from my trip upstate as autumn approaches. I have been away all summer, working and doing a gut-renovation on our Brooklyn apartment's kitchen, (new floors, cabinets, countertops, appliances, backsplashes, sink, light fixtures, painting and some demo work). I fear this will be my last time up for awhile, a boy on the way and in only a month. Still, my pace is less urgent, and I am more inclined to work a little more slowly and take Ricky for walks a little more often. I'll keep updating the pictures, but I may not do it day-by-day.

No comments: